CompanyBox is currently seeking an experienced Packaging Structural Engineer. This position is an extension of the Sales team and has responsibility for preparing new and/or revised corrugated package designs, drawings and specifications for customer packaging. The position will assist in developing and producing high-quality prototypes for customers and production approval. You will prepare packages for shipment via an outside source.
Responsibilities would include:
• Demonstrate a commitment to safety and perform job duties in accordance with company safety policies and procedures.
• Develop strong, internal working relationships to support and promote efficient, timely, and accurate response to customers and Sales/Operations Departments.
• Design and develop new and/or revised packaging, offering improvements for cost reduction, performance enhancements, innovations, etc.
• Utilize specific, accurate procedures in order to ensure dimensionally correct samples and design specifications.
• Process samples and sample requests timely and accurately providing CAD drawings and tooling estimates as requested.
• Produce samples and small production runs of prototypes on the CAD table for testing purposes, as well as write and transmit specs, as requested.
• Work closely with Graphics Designers to provide designs and prototypes, taking into consideration the capabilities and limitations of plant machinery.
• Coordinate with tooling suppliers; cutting and printing.
• Prepare packages for shipment via various means.
• Maintain files.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and its applications, CAD, and Artios. Troubleshoot and/or notify manager of hardware/software failures.
• Share, update and utilize the Designer Catalog.
• Foster a lean culture to drive continuous improvement, cost control and waste reduction in all facets of our operation.
• Must have strong interpersonal communication skills, superb customer service and administrative skills and the ability to multitask in a busy environment.
• Must have 3 to 5 years of structural design experience.
• Will have a basic understanding of the corrugated manufacturing process and CAD, and/or Artios.
• High School diploma or equivalent and two-year technical degree or equivalent work experience.
• CPP preferred.
• Four year technical degree desired.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Life, 401K, Vacation, Sick Time, & Holidays. Pre-Hire Drug Testing and Background Check required
Apply for Career